Thursday 2 August 2018

The italians VISCERA/// to release a new EP this fall via Third I Rex and Toten Schwan Records!

When we think of extreme music, to us this band is the perfect example of dedication and perseverance. In time, they have been able to shift their style from grind to post-hardcore, evolving, release after release, in the most unique hybrid of music and contents.
We do not lie when we say that without this band, undoubtedly, Third I Rex would not exist.
We have been following these guys for over a decade, and it is such a honour for us to have finally the chance to work with them, and celebrate them for the inspirational attitude they never failed to display.


In collaboration with Toten Schwan Records, we are about to bring to the public a brand new opus of the multifarious cult Italian band VISCERA/// titled "City Of  Dope And Violence".
The new EP is going to follow the recent release of the band's third LP "3 | Release Yourself Through Desperate Rituals", pressed last year on CD by Unquiet Records, Drown Within Records, and WOOAAARGH!!!, then this year on hard copy!
If you don't know anything about the band, please let some words from our Rob to explain you about VISCERA/// and their sound!

"I got to know for the very first time the band with their album "Cyclops" back in 2007. At that time nobody really was fully aware of what post-metal was, especially in a country like Italy which - unfortunately - has been often behind in comparison to other countries when we talk about "novelties" in extreme music. Well, that album has been something I will never forget. I have always been listening to tons of new music since I was a teen but VISCERA/// is something which took me totally unprepared, and I fell in love with it. The cover art wasn't saying much, and I was thinking to myself '.. who the hell are these guys???'. You know, never heard of them before, nor I was so much into the post-metal national scene back in the days. Anyway, I set them in the CD player, press play and bang!!! 'Focus: The First Eye' kicks in with no warning whatsoever, and as soon as you start getting  your head around it you are totally flattened by 'Keep On Bluesing Through The Stars'! This last one is still one of my all times favorites songs! There's just so much going on in it! Then, these guys, unhappy by delivering already 15 minutes of incredible soundscapes, take much more on the table! Not only they get more and more 'personal' in that album, but they come up with unbelievable songs such as 'Shape Of God', 'White Flies Might Rule The Earth', and closing the album with the drone-like 'Titan'. Then I realised, it wasn't just about music. VISCERA/// just gave me a whole experience within their album. Emotional yet rough, touching yet aggressive. There was no more 'the American post-metal'. VISCERA/// to me, back then, was up to the same level as NEUROSIS or PELICAN, or THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SKY (band which a few years before had released an incredible album titled 'Rorschach' offering something somehow similar to the Italians) and they still are, in their own way, outstanding! On their way, they were better than all of the above for the simple fact that they were genuine and so incredible that I could not believe to my own ears. In time, VISCERA/// have never released something superfluous. Each EP, LP, split is an absolute masterpiece and up to the very last album last year they never failed me!"



More news are going to be following soon, including artwork, release date, and more details!
Keep watching this space!